Saturday, April 18, 2009

League of Women Voters Mayor and Candidate Forum

April 16,2009 .- Mckinney League of Women Voters Mayor and City Council Forum and Debate. Upon arriving at the McKinney Senior Recreation Center I walked in not too sure if I was at the correct location. The great facility had many conference rooms with many of our Senior Citizens engaged in many activities and meetings. I was quickly discovered by a volunteer who waved me down and directed me to the very back of the facility where the Forum and debate was taking place. The event was just getting started and I quickly took a seat at the back of the large room. The mayor candidates and city council candidates introduced themselves and let us know a little about themselves and their goals for the city and their district. Their were about 50 people in attendance and a camera crew that were recording the event for our TV channel McKinney Vision. Questions were taken from the audience for all the candidates and the time for each answer was closely monitored. I sat there listening to the answers and hearing the detailed responses from the candidates made me realize the enormous responsiblity these candidates are taking upon themselves. Mckinney will undergo many changes and much growth in the time that these candidates are in office. When the event was over I was able to speak with a few of the candidates and let them know that I enjoyed all the information they were able to give me about themselves and their campaign. The event lasted from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. and I want to thank the League of Women Voters for putting together such a wonderfully organized forum.

1 comment:

  1. The tea party sounds like it was a lot of fun... I am sorry I didn't make it. I love the photo, by George!

    ReplyDelete